Fraline J. Allgaier, Esq. Ms.
PATENT ATTORNEY : Reg. No. 63,548
DISTRICT OF COLUMBIA BAR
DISTRICT OF COLUMBIA COURT OF APPEALS
ILLINOIS SUPREME COURT
COURT OF APPEALS FOR THE FEDERAL CIRCUIT
Fraline J. Allgaier is an intellectual property law attorney in Glencoe, Illinois. As the founder of Allgaier Patent Solutions, she represents clients throughout the United States who need legal assistance with regard to patents, trademarks and copyrights. Since 2008, she has focused her practice on patents related to medicine, medical imaging and instrumentation, scientific instruments, household products and the life sciences.
After earning a B.S. in biology from Texas Southern University in 1994, Ms. Allgaier went on to graduate in 1996 summa cum laude with an M.S. in biology, again from Texas Southern University. In 2004, she earned her J.D. from the John Marshall Law School. Admitted to practice in Illinois and the District of Columbia, Ms. Allgaier is also admitted to practice before the U.S. Court of Appeals for the Federal Circuit and the U.S. Patent and Trademark Office.
Prior to attending law school, Ms. Allgaier worked as a research associate in the Section of Leukocyte Biology at Baylor College of Medicine. During law school, she worked in the Law Office of the Cook County Public Defender as a senior law student, representing clients who had been charged with misdemeanors and felonies.
An active participant in several professional organizations, Ms. Allgaier is a lifetime member of the Black Women Lawyers’ Association of Greater Chicago, Inc., and she also belongs to the National Association of Patent Practitioners and the American Intellectual Property Law Association. In addition, she is a member of the Chicago and Cook County bar associations, the Bar Association of the District of Columbia and the Illinois State Bar Association. As a member of the American Bar Association, Ms. Allgaier belongs to its Business Law Section and its Section of Intellectual Property Law. As an African American Patent Attorney, she is an active member of the Chicago’s first Black Inventors Organization and provides assistance to African American Inventors throughout the United States.
- B.S., Molecular and Cellular Biology, Texas Southern University
- M.S., Molecular and Cellular Bilology, Texas Southern University (Summa Cum Laude, With High Honors)
- J.D., The John Marshall Law School, Chicago
HONORS & BAR ORGANIZATIONS:
- Top Women Attorneys in Illinois Rising Stars 2015
- The National Black Lawyers Top 100
- Top Attorneys in Illinois Rising Stars 2014-2015
- Lifetime Member of Black Women Lawyers Association of Chicago
- American Intellectual Property Law Association
- National Association of Patent Practitioners
- American Bar Association
- Cook County Bar Association
- Chicago Bar Association
- Illinois State Bar Association
- District of Columbia Bar Association